Brno’s Festival Re:publika between 26 May and 17 June 2018 commemorates everything that the Czech Republic and prior to it Czechoslovakia experienced over the last 100 years, from breakthrough historic moments, unforgettable personalities, celebrated victories, useful inventions and one-of-a-kind artistic works. The programme includes the exhibit 100 let Re:publika 1918-2018 commemorating 100 years since the founding of the Republic of Czechoslovakia, but you can also look forward to the following projects:
- Avant Garde – modern architecture, timeless design, quality arts and crafts and developed industry. All of this is based on the Avant Garde exhibit concept, which depicts the stories of regular life.
- Re:lax zone – What did your grandmothers skate on? In what uniforms did Czechoslovak athletes shatter world records? Selected sports in historic and contemporary form can be tried out by visitors to the sport and relaxation complex.
- Literature as typography – TOP Czech and Slovak literature of the last 100 years will accompany inhabitants and visitors to Brno step by step. Quotes and extracts from the works of the best authors will be placed on buildings, walkways, trams, souvenirs, admission tickets and promotional materials.
- Dance Brno 100 – The largest meeting of international dance groups in Central Europe has been prepared by the National Theatre in Brno. Under one roof, dance groups from the successor republics of the Hapsburg Monarchy will perform.
- Photograph, please? In old times, amateur photographers walked around and offered to take photos for families taking a stroll. Now we will encourage excellent professional photographers to do so. One per day. A unique photographic document will be created regarding the event, and some visitors will also take away a unique photo as a souvenir.