St Maurus’ reliquary is a notable Romanesque artefact dating back to the first third of the 13th century. It is considered to be the most notable Romanesque jewellery artefact deposited in Czech territory. The oldest diamonds used for its ornamentation originate from as early as the 2nd century. The remains of St John the Baptist, St Maurus, St Timothy and St Apollinaire rest in the reliquary. The owners of the castle and chateau in Bečov nad Teplou hid the reliquary in the castle chapel in 1939. It was found in 1985 and restored. In 1995 it was declared a part of national cultural heritage of the Czech Republic. The reliquary is part of a permanent exhibition in the chateau and is permanently displayed in the spaces of the blue dining hall.
A Gothic castle of no less importance towers on a high rock just next to the chateau. Lovers of nature will be impressed by the large botanical garden and trail focusing on rock vegetation (“bioferrata”) or by freely accessible boats on the pond. The castle and chateau in Bečov also offer a tour tailored for children. A children’s corner with a slide in the form of a castle or a training archaeological site are available to them.