At no. 7 on Bílkova St. stands what is clearly a newly renovated building. It was built in 1826. Between 1849 and 1855 it housed the district government, while it was later home to the Jewish municipal authority and, until 1920, a German Jewish school.
An interesting aspect of the building is that it formed a whole with the adjacent Jewish hospital, which predates it by more than 70 years. The municipal house was in poor repair but thanks to the project Revitalisation of Jewish Historical Buildings – 10 Stars it has undergone extensive renovations that, in cooperation with preservationists, have returned the building’s original look. It now houses a visitor centre for tourists, a permanent exhibition on Jewish quarters in the Czech Republic, a multi-purpose hall, exhibition spaces and more.